Our inheritance is, heaven. It is the sum total of all God has promised us in salvation.
The entirety of our inheritance will be given to us at the moment we die here on earth and go to be with God in eternity.
Meanwhile as we walk out life here on earth, we are in possession of a down payment if you will, of the fullness that will be ours in completion when the time comes. We also have God’s unbreakable promise that we will receive our full inheritance.
Understanding this inheritance is the energizer and motivator for our life here on earth.
The entire purpose for our existence here takes on a new and deeper meaning and purpose. It is exciting and it truly changes everything about everything!!!
We talked about being born again. We were born once, physically. Please follow me on this technical detail. We cannot be unborn physically, on our own or by someone else. We cannot crawl back inside of our birth mother’s uterus/womb.
This second birth is a spiritual one.
Please follow me again on this technical detail. Just as we cannot be unborn physically, if we were truly born again in the spiritual birth, we cannot be unborn spiritually, on our own, or by someone else. Key word is if we were truly born again. Being born again is not about saying certain words, it is not a magic wand waved over us with someone saying “hocus pocus.”
Being born again is an incredible realization and understanding, it is a heart transplant, it is eyes that see and ears that hear to a depth and level of comprehension that we cannot simply self will. It is from this realization that we are changed from the inside out. We all walk out what we believe we are, in our thoughts, words, attitudes, outward behaviors, decisions, coping mechanisms. Psychology and scripture both attest to that.
What exactly happens in that spiritual birth?
At that time, God gives you a brand new Godly heart through His Holy Spirit, as it tells us in the following verse: Ezekiel 36:26-27. “I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My spirit within you and bring it about that you will walk in My statutes and you will keep My ordinances and do [them]”
What follows is:
- Our destination when we die here on earth, is now to everlasting life with God. Heaven (Colossians 1:10-14).
- The flesh (our sin nature) is crucified through the cross of Christ (Galatians 5:24).
- We are dead in the sense that the old unbelieving self (soul) has died (Romans 7:1-6, Romans 8:2,4).
- Our old stony heart has been removed and has been replaced with a new heart of flesh (soft, pliable) with God’s laws written on it (Deuteronomy 30:6, Jeremiah 24:7, Ezekiel 36:26-27, John 3:3).
- We have been given the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).
- We are a new creation, a new soul (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Our source of strength is “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20). This is why the joy of the Lord is our strength (Nehemiah 8:10)!
We have an incredibly beautiful new identity, for here and for eternity.
I wrote out a “preaching the Gospel to myself” and I encourage you to read it aloud, allowing God’s words to pour over you, and allowing His truth to sink deep into your heart.
And, we still have to walk out this life here on earth (experientially). Let’s visit that.
Please, if you have ANY genuine questions, comments, concerns, thoughts, that you would like to share or express, contact me! Thank you!